To see ALL large cat trees reviewed by us, click here.
Pawhut 71 (design 2)
Sturdy, attractive, spacious, and a bargain
Pawhut 72″ in blue (design 1)
Pawhut top platforms (design 1)
Large lower house 22″ x 12″ (design 1)
Pawhut 71 (design 1)
Base 27″ x 23.75″
Similar to Leopet Cat Tree, a good spacious tree with aesthetic design at a bargain price
For the space and aesthetic design, if you’re willing to overlook the faux fur, this good sized cat tree is great value for money. There are two quite different designs available – click on the photos below to see current prices.
– There are 3 lookout posts at the top, and although these are small it’s a great way of providing lookout space for those cats that like to climb and sit high up. It’s a shame these shelves aren’t larger so that bigger cats can curl up on them and sleep on them, but as it is they are fine for sitting on. The design is also slightly more ‘open’ than other cat trees of similar dimensions, making it reasonably well suited to larger cats, who can allow their legs to flop out of the doors onto the shelves of the higher (smaller) sleeping cubicle. It also comes with some toys, which will probably end up being pulled off, but toys are still fun when they’re off the cat tree! Click here
for current prices, or see below for similar products.
Colour & pattern options
– only available in beige, faux fur. Design 1 is also available in blue
– Like design 1, this cat tree has fairly small platforms, beds and lookout posts, so may not offer a large enough area for a large cat to sleep comfortably. However, it is very sturdy and offers a lot of scratching and climbing space, perfect for active cats who haven’t got time for sleeping! In fact the design appears to be very popular with playful cats, perhaps because it offers that all-important climbing space, which other more ‘crowded’ cat trees don’t. It’s also pretty good looking, for a budget cat tree. Click here
for current prices.Colour & pattern options
– only available in cream/coffee, faux fur.
Notice that these large cat trees have 4 posts supporting them from the base, which makes them relatively sturdy. Needless to say, you have to assemble them, and that can take a while!
For similar cat trees, see:
BestPet Premium Extra Large 73
– Marginally taller but otherwise identical design to Pawhut design 1, available in paw print, pink, leopard print or beige faux fur!
– As above, the same popular design as Pawhut design 1, available in beige faux fur
– a little taller (77″), also with two houses and three top lookout posts, available in ivory faux fleece (not fur)
– even taller (82″), similar design, available in ivory faux fleece (not fur)
– very cheap, slightly taller (80″), also in beige faux fur